If you are not already selling online, you are missing a huge opportunity for your business. There are a variety of eCommerce platforms that you could choose between but if you are running a business in Africa, then Digital Link Africa is the perfect fit since we provide a full featured platform that is designed to support payment and shipping solutions across Africa. We have customised our platform to work with local payment gateways, delivery providers, marketing tools, accounting software and anything else that you might need to run a successful business in Africa.
Digital Link Africa also allows you to maintain full control over the sales process and customer relationship when you sell online. Instead of listing your product on a local marketplace where you lose control over your branding and quality, our solution gives you the flexibility to decide how you sell and communicate with customers. We handle all of the technical aspects of your online sales so that you can focus on what matters – your products!
DLA is specifically targeted to businesses in Africa so we focus on making sure that our merchants can easily use payment providers, delivery solutions, marketing tools and other local services. We offer the same level of functionality and reliability as other eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and Squarespace but with the added layer of local integration and support. We have also designed DLA to take into consideration local tax and accounting compliance so that our merchants can sell online without the worry or workarounds required with other eCommerce providers.
The DLA team is a small, dynamic group that are here that take customer service and local support seriously. We are always ready and available to customise our solutions to meet the needs of the merchants we work with and the fact that we are fully based in Africa means that we understand the local market and are able to provide responsive customer service to our merchants.
Yes! DLA, and your store in particular, doesn’t deal with your customers’ credit card information. DLA doesn’t collect, store and process such data in any way. We integrate with third party payment providers such as Paypal, Pesapal, credit card gateways and others that are responsible for accepting, authorising, and storing customer payment information. Because of this, there is no risk to customer payment information from DLA or your store.
Once your DLA Control Panel is activated, you will also be issued with a login to the My Account section on Digital Tangent where you can view, change, and pay for your subscription. You can upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time.
Yes! There are a few options if you don’t already have a website or if you are not satisfied with your existing website:
- Build a new website: If you are interested in selling online and don’t already have a website for your business or if you are not satisfied with your existing website, our team can help. We can custom design and develop a website that will easily integrate with DLA or, if you are on a budget, you can choose one of pre-designed website themes. All of our themes are optimised to integrate seamlessly with DLA so you can have a professional looking website and be ready to sell online in just a few short days. Visit our Getting Started page to browse our website themes. To enquire about the cost of designing a custom website, contact us at email@example.com
- Use the Starter Site: DLA comes with an existing one page basic website that you can use to start selling online at no extra cost. Go to the Settings page and click on the Starter Site tab to start customising this page.
- Facebook: You don’t need a website to sell online with DLA. Add DLA to your Facebook page and you can sell directly from Facebook but still have access to the catalog, checkout, discounts and many other features that DLA offers.
Digital Link Africa is built to support international and local payment solutions. As a merchant, you can choose from a variety of payment methods that we have already pre-integrated with and at checkout, the selected payment methods will be displayed to your customers. Here is a list of payment methods that are available on the DLA platform:
- Pesapal (enables M-PESA, Airtel Money, Visa, Mastercard, Equity Bank, Co-op Mobile)
- Offline Check
- Offline Phone Order
- Purchase Order / Invoice
- Various other Payment Gateways (contact Support for more details)
If the above list does not fully meet your requirements, it may be possible to request integration to a specific payment method or provider. Contact our support team to provide details of your request.
Yes! When it comes to design, you can customise almost every aspect of DLA. Using our built in style sheet editor, you (or your web developer) can add or edit any CSS component. To make changes to the design, go to the Settings page and click on the Design tab.
Yes! If you know someone that could use an online store or one of our other products, sign up for our affiliate program and earn commission for each successful referral.
Our team has extensive experience with mobile payments and eCommerce in Africa. Collectively we have worked with hundreds of businesses to help them with their online strategy. The beta program for DLA started in Mar 2015 and launched full scale in Oct 2016.